Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy
What is Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy?
- Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy assists pregnant women in moving beyond the physical dimensions of pregnancy to the emotional and psychological challenges they face.
- Program materials cover theory, practice and interventions with reproducible handouts to use with the pregnant woman.
How does Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy benefit parent-child relationships?
- Research has shown that a mother's mental health and emotional state during pregnancy has an immediate and direct impact on her lifelong relationship with her infant.
- In turn, the health of the mother-child relationship directly impacts the child's quality of life, possibly throughout the lifespan.
- By helping the pregnant woman improve her mental and emotional state during pregnancy, we are able to increase the chances that she and her child will experience a healthier relationship.
Who should use Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy?
- Professionals with health training and experience in the basic management of pregnancy including Public Health Nurses, Home Visitors, Midwives, Physicians
Is training required?
- Training is not required though highly recommended. Our workshops are taught by experienced nurses with an extensive background in working with pregnant women.
- Two-day workshops are offered twice a year in Seattle and also on-site. Contact the NCAST office for further information on bringing this training to your community.
"The training provides a wealth of information about maternal mental health and ways to intervene with clients. It is a program that nurses complete and can immediately put into practice . . . the interventions come ready for nurses to adapt as needed for his or her clients." - NYC Public Health Nurse Supervisor
Forms to use with the Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy Curriculum:
Pregnancy Assessment Form (to record identifying information, present issues, past history) . . . . . Pregnancy Intervention Form (used to track client's completion of activities & goals) . . . .
- Next Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy Workshop - Seattle
May 18th & 19th, 2015 - Register Early, Space Limited register here +